5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Choose Free Web Hosting
In order to establish an online presence, you need a website and every website requires a domain name and a proper hosting space. Choosing free web hosting is a huge mistake and here is why!
So, you are planning to create your own website. That’s great, but as you probably know in order to launch your website on the Internet, you need to register a domain name first and to find a proper hosting space. We know that this is your first time building a website and establishing an online presence, we know that your budget is limited, but you can’t allow yourself to choose free web hosting, just to launch your site.
We know that it sounds attractive and you will save a lot of money, but in the end, it is not like that. If you are serious about your online project and you are planning to build a prosperous business online, we highly advise you to avoid free web hosting deals and now we are going to show you why:
- Free hosted blog or website can die at any time – When partnering up with a free web hosting service provider, you need to keep in mind that their services can close at any time and there is nothing you can do here. Yes, they may inform you before closing their free service, but what is the use of all of that? You will be left alone and you will have to move all of your content to a new server. There is another thing to keep in mind – if they close only new registrations and maintain they already hosted domains, you will have time to redirect the links to a new domain, but if they completely shut down their services, then you can’t redirect your old links, and automatically your old links will become useless and dead. If you are serious about your online business and you want to succeed online, you can’t use free web hosting services and worry about whether or not they will shut down their services.
- You can’t see your free hosted website or blog – The truth is that your free hosted website or blog is not in your own property. So, before you decide to use a certain hosting provider, make sure to read the terms and conditions and then decide whether that service is worth partnering up with. The website should be in your property, especially if you want to sale your website later and make money out of it.
- There is no safety or security guaranteed – When using free web hosting services, you can’t expect your website to be safe or secure. This means that all of your personal information, as well as, your buyer’s information (if you are planning to run an ecommerce website) are at stake. First of all, your visitors won’t trust you if they know their information isn’t safe, and second of all, your website could be easily hacked.
- There is no control on server resources – One very important thing to keep in mind – you don’t have control on your blog server resources. If your website or blog becomes popular, the server won’t be able to keep up with all the traffic and your website can easily go down.
- Don’t fall on unreliable and non-guaranteed promises of free domains – Please, don’t fall for some catchy advertisements or promises as no one will give you something for free without expecting something for return.
If you want to keep your budget to a minimum, we recommend you, instead of going for a free web hosting, you should find cheap hosting which offers affordable prices and quality service.